Do ferrets get along with other pets?
Ferrets do get along with other household pets, however, they should be introduced slowly. Generally, adult ferrets and cats will tolerate each other, but an adult cat should not be left alone with a kit. Many dog breeds are hunters and should not be left alone with a ferret. Use discretion and good judgment when introducing and allowing other pets to play with your ferret. You can never be too careful. We also recommend allowing sufficient adjustment time when introducing a new kit to an established group of adult ferrets.
Back to Questions
Top 5 Questions
- Where did my ferret come from?
- What vaccinations will my ferret need?
- What exactly is a Ferret?
- Do ferrets get along with other pets?
- How do I find out more about my ferrets?
Ask a Question